Monday 21 May 2012

Sewing season is open











Here I am,after a fairly long break.
Finally I decided to try my new( now,old) sewing machine,which I got as a birthday present from my husband and mum LAST YEAR!
It's been almost a year and it was still in the box,just opened to check if everything was there and that's all.
I am a bit embarrassed by that, but I have been trying to find time to jiggle everything around - being a full time mum and wife,plus all the hobbies, and working from home too. 
So I don't feel to guilty but I am happy now that I found some time at the end ( I had to,as the guaranty of the machine soon will expire and I had to see if it actually work,huh!)


The last time I touched a sewing machine was may be back in 2002...
Yep!
Or 2000!?
OMG!
May be that's when it was,when I finish my fashion design education and I had to make my final exam and prepare a small collection and present in a catwalk!
Wow!
Time flies by...
I am not too sure but it has been a while.


Well,anyway, here I am again.
I never used to like sewing though. I used to do it as I had to, but now the situation is different and actually after I opened the box and set the "monster"- that's how I used to call it, I am absolutely in love with it.
And I do have more patience too.
I never used to.
Have I changed that much?!


I started with a pair of cushion covers, as it was the second main reason to open the machine.(the first was-the expiry date)
And that was the start.
Now I have millions ideas for little projects and ...not enough time in the day!
But I will try to fit it in between the rest of my hobbies - cooking,paper crafts, painting,....and so on and so on...and being a parent,house and love keeper:)


So here are the results of my weekend 'love affair'.






This little fella I made for a birthday present for my son's girl friend ...












And this was a little bit.
The recipe could be found on my food blog-
yk-food.blogspot.com



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2010 Some Things from My Things. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator
Blogger Showcase